4-2-3-1: Man Utd Strongest Predicted Xl v Fenerbahce: Jose’s 9 Changes, Superstar Returns at Old Trafford
Manchester United vs Fenerbahce
UEFA Europa League – Group A
Date: Thursday, 20th October, 2016
Kick-off: 20:00 UK.
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester.
After a hard fought 0-0 draw at Anfield on Monday night, Manchester United will be hosting Fenerbahce on Thursday night with hope of a win to stand a chance of going top of the group A table.
Manchester United are currently 3rd in the group a table with 3 points from 2 games, having won a game and drawn 1. United skipper Wayne Rooney have a lot to remember about Fenerbahce, as he scored his debut hat-trick against them in 2004. A win in this game will take the Red devils top of the group should Feyenoord fail to win.
On the other hand, Fenerbahce also have some good memories of Old Trafford. Fenerbahce handed United their first Old Trafford UEFA defeat in 1996. They are currently on top of the group A table, and will hope to stay top as they hope for at least a draw in this game.
Manchester United vs Fenerbahce: Head to Head Statistics
- Both teams have played twice in the past, they have both met in Champions League group stage in 1996 and 2004.
- Manchester United have won twice in their previous games, 1 at Old Trafford and 1 at Istanbul.
- Fenerbahce have also won twice, once at Old Trafford and Once at Istanbul.
- United have played 14 games against a Turkish team, they have won 7, drawn 3 and lost 4.
- United have scored 21 goals against Turkish Teams and conceded 11.
- Fenerbahce have played 17 games against English teams, they have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 10.
- Fenerbahce have scored 12 goals against English teams and conceded 31.
Manchester United vs Fenerbahce: Prediction
Jose Mourinho’s men haven’t pleased the fans in recent games, they need o raise up their game if they must win this one. United have only their defense to boast about,considering their defensive display against Liverpool on Monday night. With the repeat of such defensive display, they are bound to keep another clean sheet.
Fenerbahce is expected to play defensively in this game, but ex-United attacker Van Persie will hope to get a delightful Old Trafford return.
Manchester United vs Fenerbahce: Betting Tips
Manchester United to win at 1.57 (4/7)
Over 1.5 goals for Man United at 1.66 (4/6).
Predicted Manchester United Lineup: Sergio Romero; Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Eric Bailly, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw; Michael Carrick, Morgan Schneiderlin, Henrikh Mkitaryan, Juan Mata, Marcus Rashford; Wayne Rooney
Predicted Fenerbahce Lineup: Volkan Demirel; Gregory van der Wiel, Martin Skrtel, Simon Kjaer, Hasan Ali Kaldirim; Ozan Tufan, Mehmet Topal, Jeremain Lens, Emmanuel Emenike, Moussa Sow, Robin van Persie