4-5-1: Man Utd Strongest Predicted Xl vs Hull – Defender Returns, Striker Dropped
Hull City and Manchester United will play in the semi-finals of the League Cup at the Kingston Communications Stadium on Thursday, 26th January.
The teams played the first leg of the match earlier in the month and Manchester United are winning 2 – 0 on aggregate. Manchester United won their match in August last year 0 – 1.
Hull City is nineteenth in the Premier League with 16 points having won 4 games, drawn 4 and lost 14. Over the weekend they lost 2 – 0 to Chelsea.
Manchester United is sixth in the Premier League with 41 points having won 11 games, drawn 8 and lost 3. Over the weekend they drew 1 – 1 with Stoke City.
Head to Head
- EFLC 10-01-2017 FT Manchester United 2 : 0 Hull
- EPL 27-08-2016 FT Hull 0 : 1 Manchester United
- EPL 24-05-2015 FT Hull 0 : 0 Manchester United
- EPL 29-11-2014 FT Manchester United 3 : 0 Hull
- EPL 06-05-2014 FT Manchester United 3 : 1 Hull
- EPL 26-12-2013 FT Hull 2 : 3 Manchester United
- Ryan Mason suffered a life-threating injury in their 2-0 defeat to Chelsea on Sunday and there will be out for the foreseeable future.
- Curtis Davies was also forced off during their defeat to Chelsea and remains a doubt for the reception of Manchester United here.
- Robert Snodgrass missed the Chelsea match with a muscle injury and his availability is also in doubt on Thursday.
- Ahmed Elmohamady and Dieumerci Mbokani are still on Africa Cup of Nations duty.
- Alex Bruce, Markus Henriksen, Will Keane, Greg Luer, Moses Odubajo, Brian Lenihan and Allan McGregor are also not options here.
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho isn’t expected to make too many changes from the side that beat Hull 2-0 in the first leg of their FA Cup semi final encounter.
- Michael Carrick and Marcos Rojo were rested at the weekend and should return to the starting XI for Thursday’s trip to the KC Stadium.
- Eric Bailly is the only player unavailable for selection due to his participation at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Hull predicted starting lineup:
Man Utd predicted starting lineup:
- Hull have a mountain to climb to overcome the 2-0 deficit from the first leg of their FA Cup semi final against Manchester United. The Tigers have lost 12 of their last 13 matches against United in all competitions and haven’t even scored a single goal in any of their last four.
- United are unbeaten in their last 17 matches in all competitions but have drawn each of their last two 1-1. They haven’t lost away from home since the start of November and will be confident of going through in this game, but will want to kill the tie quickly. Missing clear-cut chances has proved United’s undoing this season and that will be a concern for Jose Mourinho.