Club reveal Man United are yet to make bid for £88m star

MANCHESTER UNITED are yet to table an offer for Torino striker Andrea Belotti, the Serie A club have confirmed.

Manchester United have been heavily linked with a move for Belotti, but have been put off by Torino’s reluctance to accept a lower fee than his £84million release clause.

Jose Mourinho is in the market for a new striker this summer after United opted to release last season’s top goalscorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

But Torino president Urbano Cairo insists United are yet to make a move for Belotti, who scored 28 goals in 28 outings last season.

The 23-year-old is also said to be a target for Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain and Serie A rivals AC Milan.

“I’ve not had any contact from anyone,” Cairo told Sky Sports Italia. “Not from PSG, Manchester United or AC Milan.

“He’s under contract until 2021 and that means he has to stick with us.”

Cairo admitted earlier this month the club had no intention of lowering their asking price for Belotti and suggested the striker wanted to remain at the Serie A club.

“I care about Belotti and I’m keeping hold of him,” Cairo told Italian broadcaster Radio 24.

“He has a contract with Torino until 2021. I would only sell him for €100m [£88m], but even then he can refuse.

“The most important thing is what he wants, regardless of the release clause, and I believe he wants to stay.

“We are trying to build the best possible team at Torino.

“Belotti is busy on international duty [with Italy] at the moment and then he is getting married on Thursday – he invited me.”



Be the first to comment on "Club reveal Man United are yet to make bid for £88m star"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


Anal