Antonio Valencia claims United will be challenging on all fronts next season after signing his new contract at the club.
— Antonio Valencia (@anto_v25) May 26, 2017
Valencia says he is delighted to have signed a new contract at Old Trafford which will keep him at the club until 2019, and the winger-turned-full-back has the option of a further 12 months after that.
The 31-year-old signed for United in June 2009 and has since won two Premier League titles, one FA Cup, two League Cups, the Europa League and three Community Shields, but he believes next season the side will be in the mix when it comes to the race for the Premier League title.
“Manchester United has been my life since 2009 and I am absolutely delighted to have signed a new contract,” said the Ecuador international.
“Wednesday evening provided the one trophy this club had never won and it was a true honour for me to captain the team for the (Europa League) final.
“I would like to thank the manager for the confidence he has given me this season and I am sure that we will be challenging on all fronts next season.”
Meanwhile manager Jose Mourinho has spoken of his admiration for the player.
“It is no secret that I had been an admirer of Antonio’s long before I joined the club,” said the Red Devils boss.
“I knew what a fantastic player he was and he has not disappointed me on that front.
“However, what I could never have imagined was what a great person he is.
“I know I have said this before but I truly believe it is a real privilege for us to have such a good player and such a good man.
“I am delighted he has extended his contract.”