Passed almost a month since Manchester United sign Juan Mata – one of the most brilliant stars of English Premier League and repute him as the main motor to regain old success in next season.
Despite Mata’s 2 awesome years in Chelsea, there are people who think that Spanish midfielder will not be able to solve all problems and will be difficult for him to suit David Moyes team.
Let us discuss all possible strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of Juan Mata’s transfer:
- Mata can play on both sides of the wings and in the centre of the midfield too, this luxury was outlandish for Manchester United.
- Mata’s non-ordinal skills and pitch view will help Moyes to plan his tactics anew.
- David Moyes has to ponder something new for Mata, because playing him on the wing appoints disallow his main playmaking abilities.
- Juan Mata’s defensive abilities are poor, this means that Moyes will need 2 more defensive midfielders in the centre.
- Mata has to prove Spain National Team coaching staff that he deserves play in starting lineup in 2014 world cup, so he will do his maximum to achieve this.
- His passing skills are extra advantage, Manchester United will get. heretofore only Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick were the players, who were able to give 10+ assists per season.
- The chances that Wayne Rooney will stay in Manchester United has increased largely after Mata’s tranfer (Rooney was claiming strengthening the team)
- Tactical misunderstanding between Mata and Wayne Rooney is the threats which were clear in first 3 matches after his transfer. Rooney, who likes to play from the deep of the pitch will have to habituate that after Mata’s arrival he will play as a striker.
- Wayne Rooney’s possible departure in Chelsea, many expects consider that the main reason why Jose Mourinho allowed Spanish International to join Manchester United was an agreement between London club and Red Devils regarding Rooney transfer this summer.