Manchester United Possible Lineup vs Liverpool
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: 10 March; 2018
Kick off: 12:30 pm
Managers: Jose Mourinho; Jurgen Klopp
Form Guide: All competitions
Man United: WWDWL
Head to Head Stats:
14.10.17 – PL Liverpool – Manchester United 0 : 0
15.01.17 – PL Manchester United – Liverpool 1 : 1
17.10.16 – PL Liverpool – Manchester United 0 : 0
18.03.16 – EL Manchester United – Liverpool 1 : 1
11.03.16 – EL Liverpool – Manchester United 2 : 0
Man United team news:
- Marouane Fellaini is back in contention for the game after being sidelined since January 31 with a knee complaint.
- Veteran striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is training and centre-back Eric Bailly is fully fit, but Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo, Anthony Martial, Phil Jones and Daley Blind remain absent.
- Anthony Martial is a doubt for Saturday’s clash after missing the win over Crystal Palace with a knock.
Liverpool team news:
- Jordan Henderson, Andrew Robertson and Georginio Wijnaldum are all available for Liverpool.
- Henderson has trained after suffering a dead leg against Porto in the Champions League on Tuesday, as have Robertson (knock) and Wijnaldum (illness), both of whom missed that European game.
- Nathaniel Clyne (back) is still lacking match fitness and will not be considered yet as manager Jurgen Klopp is happy with his options at right-back.
- Man United Possible Lineup:
Liverpool Possible Lineup: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, RObertson, Milner, Henderson, Can, Salah, Firmino, Mane
Match facts (via Opta):
- Two of the last three league meetings between these sides have ended goalless – just one of the previous 49 between them in the top-flight had failed to produce a goal.
- Manchester United have won 10 of their last 13 Premier League home games against Liverpool.
- However, only Man City and Chelsea (6 each) have won more Premier League games away at Old Trafford than Liverpool (5).
- This fixture has seen 16 red cards in the Premier League – only the Merseyside derby has produced more.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored 99 Premier League goals; if he scores in this game he’ll be the fifth youngest player to reach 100 in the competition, and the second player to score his milestone goal against Liverpool (after Harry Kane earlier this season).
- Mourinho has won only one of his eight meetings in all competitions with Jurgen Klopp (D4 L3), with his Real Madrid side beating Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund 2-0 in a Champions League semi-final second leg match (still lost 3-4 on aggregate)
Prediction: Man United 1–1 Liverpool