Manchester United vs Sevilla
Competition: Champions League
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: 13 March; 2018
Kick off: 20:45 pm
Managers: Jose Mourinho; Vincenzo Montella
Form Guide: All Competitions
Man United: WWWDW
Head to Head Stats:
21.02.18 – CL Sevilla – Manchester United 0 : 0
09.08.13 – CF Manchester United – Sevilla 1 : 3
Man United team news:
- Paul Pogba is a doubt for Manchester United’s Champions League last-16 second leg against Sevilla.
- The 24-year-old missed Saturday’s Premier League win against Liverpool through injury and Mourinho is unsure whether the midfielder will be available on Tuesday.
- Anthony Martial is back and Zlatan Ibrahimovic trained with his United team-mates ahead of the match, but Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Daley Blind remain sidelined.
Sevilla team news:
- Sevilla are lacking options down their right-hand side, with former Manchester City winger Jesus Navas ruled out with injury
- Man United Possible Lineup:
Sevilla Possible Lineup: Rico; Mercado, Kjaer, Lenglet, Escudero; N’Zonzi, Banega; Sarabia, Vazquez, Correa; Luis Muriel
Match facts (via Opta):
- Manchester United have only lost one of their last nine home Champions League games against Spanish sides (W5 D3), against Real Madrid at this stage in 2012-13.
- 70 per cent of away sides who draw the first leg of a Champions League knockout tie 0-0 end up progressing to the next round (21/30).
- Manchester United haven’t managed to score more than one goal in any of their last 15 Champions League encounters with Spanish opposition (7 goals total).
- Sevilla have never won a Champions League game in England (D1 L3), with that one draw coming at Liverpool in this season’s group stages.
- Starting with the 2011 final, Manchester United have only won one of their last eight Champions League knockout games (D3 L4).
- Sevilla have only lost one of their last six fixtures, and have scored in every European match so far this season.
- The Spanish outfit have never reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, though, and face a difficult evening on Tuesday
Prediction: Manchester United 1–0 Sevilla