Top-class No.7 sends message to Man United over £100m potential summer move

DORTMUND, GERMANY - DECEMBER 01: Jadon Sancho of Dortmund runs with the ball during the Bundesliga match between Borussia Dortmund and Sport-Club Freiburg at Signal Iduna Park on December 01, 2018 in Dortmund, Germany. (Photo by Lars Baron/Bongarts/Getty Images)

According to the latest reports, Manchester United top target, Jadon Sancho has dropped a major hint he’s set to stay at Dortmund this summer.

The England international is a priority target for United and it was revealed in January that the club were preparing a bid for the winger.

United’s failure to qualify for the Champions League delivered a damaging blow to their hopes of signing Sancho but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would not give up the chase for the former Manchester City ace.

However, Sancho appears to have ruled out a move to Old Trafford by stating he’ll be at Dortmund next season.

Speaking after Dortmund confirmed their runners-up spot to Bayern Munich, Sancho said: ‘Next season our target is to win, not come second. I’m really happy with how I played this season. I wasn’t playing that much at the start of the season but was in the team more often later on. It’s all about hard work.’

United appear to have already moved on from the prospect of signing Sancho by looking at Swansea star Daniel James. Reports last week claimed the Red Devils were close to a £15m agreement for the winger but a deal is not said to be imminent.